- Ph.D. 1993, The Ohio State University Department of Sociology
- M.A. 1989, The Ohio State University Department of Sociology
- B.A. 1986, The State University of New York at Geneseo Department of Sociology
Research and Teaching Interests
Research and teaching interests are
1) Predictors of marital quality and its consequences
2) Relationship between family structure, family processes, and outcomes.
3) Family change
Professional Awards and Achievements
- "Parents’ Work Conditions and the Development of Children Living in Rural, Poor Communities." ( Ann C. Crouter and Stacy J. Rogers, Co-Principal Investigators). One of five interrelated projects comprising the program project, "Rural Children Living in Poverty: Risk and Protective Mechanisms Within and Across the Individual, Family and Community Context in the First Three Years of Life." Program project award $16.5 million. National Institute of Child Health and Human Development. Funding 7/2002 to 5/2005.
- "Marital Instability Over the Life Course." (Alan Booth, principal investigator, Paul Amato, David Johnson, Stacy J. Rogers). National Institute on Aging. Awarded $756,316. National Institute on Aging. 7/1/1999-6/30/2001
- The Pennsylvania State University Department of Sociology, Excellence in Teaching Award, 2004.
- Rogers, Stacy J. 1996. "Mothers’ Work Hours and Marital Quality: Variations by Family Structure and Family Size." Journal of Marriage and the Family, 58:606-617.
- White, Lynn K., and Stacy J. Rogers. 1997. "Strong Support but Uneasy Relationships: Coresidence and Adult Children’s Relationships with Their Parents." Journal of Marriage and the Family, 59: 62-76.
- Rogers, Stacy J., and Paul R. Amato. 1997. "Is Marital Quality Declining? Evidence From Two Generations." Social Forces, 75: 1089-1100.
- Amato, Paul R., and Stacy J. Rogers. 1997. "A Longitudinal Study of Marital Problems and Subsequent Divorce." Journal of Marriage and the Family, 59: 612-624.
- Rogers, Stacy J., and Lynn K. White. 1998. "Satisfaction with Parenting: The Role of Marital Happiness, Family Structure, and Parents’ Gender". Journal of Marriage and the Family, 60: 293-308.
- Amato, Paul R., and Stacy J. Rogers. 1999. "Do Attitudes Toward Divorce Affect Marital Quality?" Journal of Family Issues, 20: 69-86.
- Rogers, Stacy J. 1999. "Wives’ Income and Marital Quality: Are There Reciprocal Effects?" Journal of Marriage and the Family, 61: 123-132.
- White, Lynn, and Stacy J. Rogers. 2000. "The Economic Context of Relationship Outcomes: A Decade in Review." Journal of Marriage and the Family, 62, 1035-1051.
- Rogers, Stacy J., and Paul R. Amato. 2000. "Have Changes in Gender Relations Affected Marital Quality?" Social Forces, 79: 731-753.
- Rogers, Stacy J., and Danelle D. DeBoer. 2001. "Changes in Wives’ Income: Effects on Marital Happiness, Psychological Well-Being, and the Risk of Divorce." Journal of Marriage and the Family, 63, 458-472.
- Amato, Paul R., David Johnson, Alan Booth, and Stacy J. Rogers. 2003. "Continuity and Change in Marital Quality Between 1980 and 2000."Journal of Marriage and Family, 65, 1-22.
- Rogers, Stacy J. and Dee C. May. 2003. "Spillover Between Marital Quality and Job Satisfaction: Long-Term Patterns and Gender Differences." Journal of Marriage and Family, 65, 482-495.
- Rogers, Stacy J. 2004. "Dollars, Dependency, and Divorce: Four Perspectives on the Role of Wives’ Income." Journal of Marriage and Family, 66, 59-74.
- Schoen, Robert, Stacy J. Rogers and Paul R. Amato. 2006. "Wives' Employment and Marital Happiness: Assessing the Direction of Influence Using Longitudinal Couple Data." Journal of Family Issues, 27, 506-528.
- Amato, Paul R, David Johnson, Alan Booth, and Stacy J. Rogers. 2007."Alone Together: How Marriage in America is Changing". Harvard University Press.
- Silver, Eric, Matthew Van Eseltine, Stacy J. Silver. 2009. Tattoo Acquisition: A Prospective Longitudinal Study of Adolescents. Deviant Behavior, 30, 511-538.